Thank you for using GamersPin! We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have. Because we’re an internet company, some of the concepts below are a little technical, but we’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way. We welcome your questions and comments on this policy.
What information do we collect?
We collect information in a few different ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, Pins, comments, likes, the email address or phone number you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using GamersPin on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data. And if you choose to buy something on GamersPin, you provide us with payment information, contact information (ex., address and phone number), and what you purchased. If you buy something for someone else on GamersPin, you’d also provide us with their shipping details and contact information.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook or Twitter account to GamersPin, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (like your friends or contacts). The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
2. We also get technical information when you use our products
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data. When you use GamersPin, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had GamersPin features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used GamersPin, and cookie data.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using GamersPin on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
3. Our partners and advertisers may share information with us
We may get information about you and your activity off GamersPin from advertisers, partners and other third parties we work with. For example:
Some websites or apps use GamersPin features like our “Pin it” button. If so, we may collect log information (described above) from those sites or apps.
Online advertisers typically share information with the websites or apps where they run ads to measure and/or improve those ads. We also receive this information, which may include information like whether clicks on ads led to purchases or a list of criteria to use in targeting ads.
- How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect GamersPin and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
If you make a purchase on GamersPin, we’ll save your payment information and contact information so that you can use them the next time you want to buy something on GamersPin.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
- Suggesting Pins or boards you might like. For example, if you’ve indicated that you’re interested in cooking or visited recipe websites that have GamersPin features, we may suggest food-related Pins, boards, or people that we think you might like.
- Showing you ads you might be interested in. For example, if you purchased a camping tent on GamersPin, we may show you ads for other outdoorsy products.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like repins or comments, happens on GamersPin), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you weekly updates that include Pins you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Help your friends and contacts find you on GamersPin. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on GamersPin when they first sign up for GamersPin. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on GamersPin using your email address.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever GamersPin does business, including countries outside your own.
- What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a GamersPin account, many of the choices you have on GamersPin are built directly into the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Access and change information in your profile page at any time, choose whether your profile page is available to search engines, or choose whether others can find your GamersPin account using your email address.
- Link or unlink your GamersPin account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook or Twitter). For some services (like Facebook), you can also choose whether or not to publish your activity on GamersPin to that service.
- Choose whether GamersPin will be customized for you using information from off-GamersPin websites or apps. If you have a GamersPin account and want to control how your off-GamersPin data is used to tailor your experience, you can visit your account settings and update your preferences. If you don’t have a GamersPin account, or don’t want us to customize GamersPin for you when you’re signed out, you can opt out here.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove your pins and boards from GamersPin. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
- How and when do we share information?
Anyone can see the public boards and Pins you create, and the profile information you give us. We may also make this public information available through what are called “APIs” (basically a technical way to share information quickly). For example, a partner might use a GamersPin API to study what their most popular Pins are or how their Pins are being shared on GamersPin. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Twitter) when you’ve chosen to link to your GamersPin account to those services or publish your activity on GamersPin to them. For example, you can choose to publish your Pins to Facebook or Twitter.
- When you buy something on GamersPin using your credit card, we share your credit card information, contact information, and other information about the transaction with the merchant you’re buying from. The merchants treat this information just as if you had made a purchase from their website directly, which means their privacy policies and marketing policies apply to the information we share with them.
- Online advertisers typically use third party companies to audit the delivery and performance of their ads on websites and apps. We also allow these companies to collect this information on GamersPin.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or GamersPin; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners, advertisers, or others. For example, we may tell an advertiser on GamersPin how many people repinned something they shared, or the percentage of people who click on a Pin after viewing it.
Our policy on children’s information
GamersPin is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use GamersPin after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent as required by law.